Current Students: Graduation
Requirements for Graduation
Elementary Education majors must meet the requirements of the Elementary Education Department.
A candidate for the Associate of Science degree, the Associate of Arts degree, the Associate of Applied Science degree, or the certificate programs must meet the following criteria:
- Earn a minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Satisfy all entrance requirements
- Satisfy all requirements of the suggested catalog curriculum. Specific curricular requirements may be modified by the student's advisor.
- Fill out the graduation application for the degree or certificate at the registrarís office.
- Fulfill all financial and academic obligations prior to the date of graduation
- Fulfill the residency requirements for the Institution with a minimum of 25 semester hours for an Bachelorís degree Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Applied Science, or a minimum of 30% of course-work in residence for a certificate, and 30% of course work for bachelors degree.
Assessment of Student Learning
All new, returning and graduating students are required to participate in TMCCís assessment program. The assessment program consists of several pre and post tests, general departmental evaluations, satisfaction surveys, and college and community initiatives. Some programs require an electronic portfolio as a graduation requirement. A student should consult their academic advisor on program assessment requirements for graduation.
Commencement takes place at the close of each academic year. A candidate for a degree should be present at commencement in cap and gown.
Commencement Honors: Commencement honorís GPA is calculated using the previous semesterís cumulative GPA. A candidate for the Associate Degree who achieves a scholastic average of 3.5 and above will graduate cum laude; a candidate with a grade point average of 3.75 and above will graduate magna cum laude, the candidate with the highest cumulative grade point average over 3.75 will graduate summa cum laude.
For more information, please see the TMCC catalog, or visit the Student Services office.