As trustee of Institutional, Tribal, State, and Federal funds designated as educational support, the Fiscal Office has the responsibility to protect all funds and to use them prudently. The Fiscal Office also recognizes that the quality and quantity of learning programs are related to both the amount of funding provided and the effective and efficient management of those funds. Therefore, the Fiscal Office seeks to achieve the following fiscal management:
- To provide a level of funding which supports quality education for the students.
- To Use the best available techniques for budget development and management.
- To provide timely and appropriate information to all staff members who have fiscal management responsibilities.
- To establish efficient procedures for accounting purchasing, paying vendors and personnel, and all other areas of fiscal management.
- To assure that funds are expended for the purpose for which they were budgeted.
- To provide a complete and accurate accounting to all funding agencies as to the expenditure of awarded funds.