The Information Technology Department is dedicated to delivering high quality technical service to the students, employees and community. It is our goal to continuously meet the technological needs of all TMCC students, staff, faculty and visitors. We currently maintain all the computer labs and several kiosks, along with work stations in the library and Student Support Services office.
Important notice from the IT Department
Please click on the following link Antispam.tm.edu and log in with your normal login credentials.
Once you have logged in, please go through and delete any mail that looks like spam. If you have any questions, please contact the IT department.
Our major activities include:
IT Support Services
- We provide new employee or student login ID and password to access computers, email and web portal.
- We provide orientation to the students on online course management systems and web portals.
- We assist students, faculty and staff to resolve hardware, software and connectivity issues.
- We assist instructors on how to setup audio-visual equipment and instructional technology tools in the classroom.
The IT department monitors all the computer systems within the college and maintains them on a regular basis and/or as needed. We ensure that the computers specifications are adequate for users to run all software applications that are necessary. In addition, all campus computers are loaded with anti-virus software and spam-filtering tools to make sure each system is running smoothly.
Server and Storage
TMCC has a high capacity storage infrastructure built on highly efficient storage area network (SAN). TMCC provides server storage to the students as needed. Students can store up to 400 MB in the server storage area which gets backed up daily. The IT department will help you to setup and access your server storage if you have any issues.
The IT department maintains all the college networks (LAN and WAN) with its highly skilled technicians. All of the areas within the college are covered by wireless access points. The access code can be received from the IT department upon request.
Public Access Computers
The computers in hallways and library are available for public access. If printed documents are needed, please use the computers in the library.
Recommendations for PC purchasing
The IT department can guide buyers with the purchase of new computers including help to determine the specification of computers and software.
Computer Usages Policy
All users accessing computers and internet from within the college are prohibited from the following activities:
- Modifying or attempting to modify college computers without authorization which includes opening PCs, installing software or hardware components.
- Accessing or downloading inappropriate content including pornographic materials from the internet.
- Compromising or attempting to compromise privacy or confidentiality.
- Allowing unauthorized access to accounts and passwords.
- Violating software license agreements.
*Violating these policies may result in the revocation of the privilege to access computers within the college.back to top