A certificate program represents completion of a one-year curriculum in a prescribed career-technical program.
The Entrepreneurship Certificate program applies entrepreneurial principles to establishing, organizing and managing a small business. Current business owners and employees may find particular courses helpful in strengthening skills to assist in the effectiveness of the business.
Completion of an Entrepreneurship option leads to an Associates of Applied Science degree in Small Business Management.
The Small Business Management – Entrepreneurship program is designed for persons preparing for careers as small business owners, as an employee in a small business or to specialize in a particular business of their choosing.
- To analyze the variety of entrepreneurial opportunities available in the United States.
- To provide the concepts and current practices of managing any small business.
- To provide students the knowledge and appropriate tools to effectively manage and evaluate the financial plan and performances of any small business.
- Develop the concepts for a business plan for a new business venture.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of small business marketing, sales and advertising.
- Gain the motivation and skills to continue to learn throughout life.
- Small business owner start-up
- Employment in existing businesses