Office Assistant - Certificate: Overview
A certificate program represents completion of a one-year curriculum in a prescribed career-technical program.
This curriculum is designed to offer entry-level office related skills for students interested in becoming a general administration assistant or to upgrade workplace skills and knowledge.
Many graduates decide to continue for the Associates of Applied Science degree in Office Administration, Management, Health Information Management or Entrepreneurship.
- Develop skills to become productive members of society.
- Gain the motivation and skills to continue to learn throughout life.
- Develop accurate keyboarding skills.
- Develop computer literacy.
- Develop skills for effective records management.
- Provide the skills for effective receptionist duties.
- Provide the skills to organize and perform a variety of office tasks.
- Work cooperatively with a variety of people.
- Develop written and oral communication skills.
- Develop problem solving and decision making skills in business and personal settings.